Tuesday, July 29, 2014

Ribeyes Par Deux

This is my scnd go at Ribeyes but not because I needed to improve on the first but because I just love Ribeyes. The first time I Sous-Vide Ribeyes I made a Southwest Version that was pretty damn good.This version is only slightly different. I seasoned them the night before and cooked them slightly lower. 



Damn good looking Ribeyes!!!




I seasoned them with smoked salt and various peppers and herbs.



Cooked at this temp for 5 hours.




All done and boring looking. Obviously no maillard reaction.






Grill fired up and cooked to perfection. 


It's important that the surface of the meat is dry before putting them on the grill otherwise they will not brown up. Obviously they came out fantastic. Seasoning them the night before is the way to go. 



This is a great technique that I will use again. 



Gratuitous picture follow

Over 2 inches thick













No comments:

Post a Comment