Sunday, May 14, 2017

Pastrami Hash

Just another recipe that came out of left field because I had left over pastrami. If  you want to make your own Pastrami look no further....Click HERE.
Two Russet Potatoes Sous-Vide at 186 f for two hours. Note: After the SV I shocked and refrigerate them for 2 days. Much easier to make this Hash from cold Potatoes. 
Chop these babies up....
Fry till golden brown and set aside to cool. I refrigerated mine for 24 hours.
Cube the pots.....
Combine everything in one large bowl.
Chop up the Pastrami to desired size.
Start to mix with paddle and add everything thing else. I added garlic, herbs and spices etc. I also added in mustard. Gotta have mustard with Pastrami....
Use your dang hands...
Squeeze until your heart's content...now start tasting and adjust seasoning if need be.
Place parchment paper underneath a 4 inch ring....or what ever size you want. Fill with contents and pat down.
Ta Da.....
Fold up the sides of the parchment paper and Vacuum seal. Set in refrigerator for at least 24 hours to set up.
Now Sous-Vide at 150 degrees for about 20 minutes.....

Fry these babies up and serve.... I like sauces. I would make a mustard based Hollandaise sauce. Maybe a Beurre Blanc sauce with some mustard.


No comments:

Post a Comment