Sunday, April 19, 2015

Chicken Sous-Vide

Sous-Vide chicken has to be the easiest thing you will ever cook. I have a wife and two kids, and I love preparing this tasty meal for them in advance. It's fast and easy to do. 
 Simple to do. Start out with a whole chicken. Twenty fours in advance dry-brine the entire chicken by coating the chicken with kosher salt; inside and out (if you want you can add some spices and herbs) but just understand that the salt is the only thing that will penetrate).
Cut out the backbone and split chicken into.
Vacuum seal. Personally, I always double vacuum seal. There is no waste because I use a regular bag first then a reusable Waring bag for the second enclosure. Call me paranoid but I have had a bag or two fail during the cook, and it was terrible to clean up. 
I Sous-Vide the chicken at 145 degrees for 7 hours. I always shoot for 6-8 hours. Here they are all cooked and resting until the next step.
Pr-Heat the BBQ to about 350 ish degrees. I sprayed a little oil on the breasts then applied my favorite spice rub. 
Slather the chicken with your favorite BBQ sauce and apply more rub if you want. I used more rub, but you can't see it because I forgot to take a picture of that step. 
I indirectly cooked the chicken at 350 degrees for about 15 minutes or so. Just enough to get the outside nice and pretty. Check temp using an internal thermometer and pull at desired temp. 


No comments:

Post a Comment